Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete photos that are not in camera roll- iphone5

I have about 1k photos in my camera roll and another 1k in a separate photo file I can't delete.

I have tried syncing my iphone5 to itunes (I USE A WINDOWS COMPUTER) and I do not see the other photo album listed when I sync it, just the camera roll.

I have tried Picasa, dropbox and all of these ridiculous other apps and programs- spent more than 2 hours trying to figure this out- not sure why it is this complicated to just delete photos. Starting to wonder why I switched to Apple from Android.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 9:08 PM

Once you connect the device to the computer and iTunes, select the iPhone in the device pane. From there, check the Photo tab in iTunes and you should see a checkmark by a folder that has been synced to the computer. Remove the checkmark and resync the phone, that will remove them. If this is not the computer that you synced the photos from, you can choose a blank folder in this computer to sync to and that will remove the photos.

See this support document and check out the part about deleting photos. iTunes: Syncing photos

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2014 9:08 PM in response to phenomenina00

Once you connect the device to the computer and iTunes, select the iPhone in the device pane. From there, check the Photo tab in iTunes and you should see a checkmark by a folder that has been synced to the computer. Remove the checkmark and resync the phone, that will remove them. If this is not the computer that you synced the photos from, you can choose a blank folder in this computer to sync to and that will remove the photos.

See this support document and check out the part about deleting photos. iTunes: Syncing photos

Aug 17, 2014 6:35 AM in response to phenomenina00

If you are seeing the Camera Roll, you are looking in the wrong place. The Camera Roll will not be listed in the Photos tab of iTunes, and if you are looking in Spotlight for a Mac or Explorer in a Windows computer, then all you are going to see is the Camera Roll. Take the time to read through the support document that I provided and that should help you.

Can't delete photos that are not in camera roll- iphone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.