Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How set up and appointment with an Applecare genius?

1. How to set up an appointment with an AppleCare genius. I need to know whether my AppleMacAir has been infected by virus?

2. How to store PowerPoint Files?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 17, 2014 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2014 9:53 AM

The following has information and a link for making appointments: https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

4 replies

Aug 17, 2014 10:39 AM in response to Pastor CK Sim

Back up your MacBook Air's content before approaching the Genius Bar. To do that read Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac

How to store PowerPoint Files?

I'm not certain what you mean by "store" but the Mac's equivalent to PowerPoint is Keynote. It is free with the purchase of a new Mac, $19.99 otherwise. Other alternatives to Microsoft's bloatware are available.

LibreOffice (donation-supported)

NeoOffice ($30 but older version is free if you can find it)

OpenOffice (donation-supported)

Aug 17, 2014 11:19 AM in response to Pastor CK Sim

Pastor CK Sim wrote:

1. How to set up an appointment with an AppleCare genius. I need to know whether my AppleMacAir has been infected by virus?

It's very unlikely that an Apple Genius will be able to accurately identify whether or not you are infected with any kind of malware or adware, and even more likely that they'd be able to tell you the best way to remove anything if you did happen to be infected.

What are the specific symptoms that you are experiencing?

How set up and appointment with an Applecare genius?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.