Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently was given an old mac Mini from a friend, but iPhoto is not installed, and it is too old a version to support a current update - what can I do?

I was recently given a Mac Mini from a friend. It is an old version (model A1176) and cannot support a current version of iPhoto from the app store. It originally came with iLife, but was apparently wiped when they cleaned the hard drive to give it to me, and they cannot find the CD to reload it. I can no longer find iLife '11 in the app store. Is there anything I can do to be able to store photos from my iPhone onto the computer?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 17, 2014 9:19 AM

2 replies

Aug 17, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Kathryn_139

You Model does not support the latest iLife

What specific Mini do you have? The A1179 covers three models

How to identify Mac mini models

The early and late 2006 can only go to 10.6.8 but the mid 2007 can go to Lion. With Lion you can get iPhone from the Mac App Store by:

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

Otherwise you will have to call Apple and order the iLife DVD or get a DVD from Amazon or other places.

I recently was given an old mac Mini from a friend, but iPhoto is not installed, and it is too old a version to support a current update - what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.