Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

My ipod stopped charging. I took it to walmart thinking it was the cord, but when she had the cord the lady said it was my ipod and not the cord. I do not know how to fix this. She said to take it to apple, but I have gone to them with different problems and they do nothing, but give me a new ipod. I do not want a new ipod because I havn't backed this one up yet. I want to know if it is possible to fix the inside of where you put the cord into.

Posted on Aug 17, 2014 9:27 PM

8 replies

Aug 17, 2014 9:45 PM in response to 17schearere

Is it an iPod Touch? If so, do you have iCloud, and the ability to connect to Wifi to do an iCloud backup? When you say it won't "connect" to any cord that it put into it, do you mean it doesn't show up in iTunes on a computer?

Have you tried resetting it: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the reset has completed and the Home screen redisplays, try plugging it in to charge again.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 17, 2014 10:03 PM in response to 17schearere

Well, then you probably need to make a trip to the Apple store to find out if it is the charger, the USB cable, or the iPod itself. If you are not using an Apple authorized charger and USB cable, then that could be the issue. You might also want to check the connector and make sure it doesn't have dust or debris in it. Use a soft clean toothbrush to clean it out.

But, at this point, if it is completely drained, then there is not a lot that can be done to troubleshoot it remotely, other than making sure you are using the right cables, and making sure the connection is not being hampered.

Cheers,

GB

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.