Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just updated to OS X Mavericks, and it's wiped absolutely EVERYTHING including my apps and software, is there anyway I can retrieve this? *DESPERATE FOR HELP*

I've done updates before now and it hasn't wiped anything at all, some of the work is backed up but there was A LOT of pictures, uni work, current work on documents that has totally disappeared, also i can't find boot camp in order to see if there 's anything left on there, any help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 2:56 AM

3 replies

Aug 18, 2014 2:34 PM in response to KVWatts

If all your files are missing

You may have logged in as a different user, such as Guest. Open the Users & Groups pane in System Preferences. Your name should be at the top of the user list, under Current User. See also this support article.

If files are missing from one folder

Change the Finder view mode; for example, from icon view to list view, or vice versa.

If files are present, but seem outdated

You may have started up from a different volume (disk.) Open the Startup Disk preference pane and check the selection.

I have just updated to OS X Mavericks, and it's wiped absolutely EVERYTHING including my apps and software, is there anyway I can retrieve this? *DESPERATE FOR HELP*

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.