Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple configurator force updates iPad on prepare? will it do the same after ios 8 is released?

Since we are close to ios 8 release *speculation* once ios 8 is released is any iPads that are prepared through apple configuration are going to be only updated to iOS 8 or will i have a choice between iOS 8 and 7 for a period because one of my release dates are extremely close to the release date of iOS 8 and it will break the app incredibly if it will force the iPads to get updated and i wont be able to use any new iPads after the iOS 8 update.

will any iPads that are currently supervised before iOS 8 update still be able to function with iOS 7.1.2 or will they be force to update to 8 also?

iPad, iOS 7.1.2, apple configurator , ios 8

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 6:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2014 5:52 AM in response to VesuAcc

I've just found on the Apple site that you can add custom iOS versions to Configurator, so it will never update past what you set. If you hold down the Option key and select Devices. At the bottom of that list there is "Edit custom iOS versions..." - Select it and add your IPSW to that list. (I download them from felixbruns (.) de). Then when you update your devices, under "Upate iOS" select "with custom version" in the drop down list.

Apple Configurator: Managing iOS device software

apple configurator force updates iPad on prepare? will it do the same after ios 8 is released?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.