Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting notifications for push emails

I have an iPhone 5s with IOS 7.1.2 installed. I have a mail account set up pointing to my company's Exchange server. I will frequently not get notifications of new email until I open the email app on my phone. I won't get them when the email actually arrives in my mailbox (which is the purpose of push technology). Any ideas why I'm not getting these notifications? I have alerts turned on (banner, badge app icon, show in notification center, show preview), so ideally, I believe I have everything I need turned on. The account is also configured as 'Push' in the 'Fetch New Data' section of the menu.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 6:37 AM

2 replies

Aug 20, 2014 7:20 AM in response to fletchi18

Hi fletchi18,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there is an issue with your iPhone receiving push notifications from your companies Exchange server. The article linked below has a lot of great information and suggestions which will resolve most issues like the one you described.

iOS: Troubleshooting Exchange ActiveSync 'Push' issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1868

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Dec 5, 2014 7:28 PM in response to Jason L

I Had the same us issye on iPhone 5s. Started when 7.1 came out in April. Only was to get the mail coming through ysing the mail app was to wipe the phone clean. It only worked agsin fir 36-48 hours. All email settings and notifications were set properly. I had to install the Yahoo app to just tell me mail was available. i then manually opened the appke mail app. Apple was so help. My internet provider examined my email. Eventually after 6 months and other issues starting, my carrier took back the phone and I got a Samsung. Miss the iPhone but after trying 3 and all had the same issue something was up. Never found the issue. Apples service and quality has dropped. Apple will not admit there are issues. When I called, they never believed me.

Not getting notifications for push emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.