Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2009 Model A1342 MacBook wont except my password what can I do to get into my computer?

My 2009 MacBook was recently cleared on accident by a friend. I then got logged out and my MacBook is not excepting my password. There are no other log ins available. It only gives me the option of seeing the hint, which is useless because I know my password. I am at a total loss on what to do. My Mac I think runs on OS X Im very very bad with computers

MacBook, OS X Server

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 9:37 AM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2014 7:29 AM in response to ebuck7

Hi ebuck7,

If you are having issues logging in with your known correct password and your MacBook is still running the original OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard software that it shipped with, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (in particular, the section labeled Resetting a password without an additional account):

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password (Snow Leopard and earlier)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274

Regards,

- Brenden

My 2009 Model A1342 MacBook wont except my password what can I do to get into my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.