Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen problem with my iMac 27-inch, Late 2012

Hey guys,

I see some "ghost"-windows on my screen - very light, you really have to look closely, but you can see them.

It's like closed windows burned into the screen. You can't take a screenshot of it, which means it's actually in the screen.

I had it off, unplugged for 20 Minutes... nothing works... I still got this issue.

Anyone with some good ideas how to solve this?

Best regards,

Roy

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 10:52 AM

5 replies

Aug 18, 2014 11:02 AM in response to RoyJuergens

Sorry to hear you elected to not purchase AppleCare, had you done so it would have extended the warranty to 3 years. Unfortunately because your 1 year warranty has already passed you cannot get AppleCare support now, AppleCare must be purchased anytime within the 1 year warranty.

You can try some basics, first is to do some basic resets. I'd recommend doing a SMC reset with all peripherals unplugged. If necessary do the reset 2-3 times back to back. If you don't know how to do a SMC reset please click iMac SMC and PRAM reset

Oct 18, 2014 4:20 AM in response to RoyJuergens

Hey!

I've had the same problem (image persistence) on my iMac 27'' (late 2013).

I had to have my display changed through Apple Care a few days ago. The thing took 30 minutes.

Apparently they solved the problem on later models.

If your iMac is still guaranteed I would strongly suggest that you have it serviced (whether you have Apple Care or not). It is not a software problem that you can solve using the white screensaver!

It is a hardware problem.

Hope this helps!

Screen problem with my iMac 27-inch, Late 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.