Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express 4

Hi,

I'm new to this support community so please excuse my bumbling around until I get things figured out.

I have Final Cut Express 4 installed on my Mac Book Pro 3,1 which is about done it's life. I wish to re-install FCE on my newer machine - a Mac Book Pro 9,1 running Mavericks. I have the discs and the Installing Your Software Booklet with the Product Serial Number; however, everytime I enter the serial number as part of the re-install a pop-up window appears saying it is invalid. I don't want to spend the $300USD to upgrade to Final Cut Pro. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

RS

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 3:18 PM

See if this document helps:

Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

Also, is the software you are installing an upgrade version or a full version of FCE? If it is an upgrade version, you need to enter the serial number of the full version you are upgrading from (it does not have to be installed on the machine, just enter the serial number) and then you will be prompted to enter the upgrade serial number of the software you are installing.

MtD

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2014 3:18 PM in response to drsearle

See if this document helps:

Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

Also, is the software you are installing an upgrade version or a full version of FCE? If it is an upgrade version, you need to enter the serial number of the full version you are upgrading from (it does not have to be installed on the machine, just enter the serial number) and then you will be prompted to enter the upgrade serial number of the software you are installing.

MtD

Final Cut Express 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.