Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Missing After Batch Metadata Change

When batch changing metadata to update copyright details, the photos disappear from the library/project but remain on my drive. When importing them again, it reverts all changes to the original settings even when I created a new version of the photo. As a result, I do not lose my photos but do lose a lot of work.

I used a metadata preset and created a new preset. I am able to update each photos individually without a problem. The project has just over 1,000 photos in it, however, this same problem occurs regardless of the project size or # of photos selected. Anyone experience this or have a fix?

I am using Aperture 3.5.1 on a 2011 MacBookPro with OS X 10.9.4. All software is up to date.

Subject: Photos Missing After Batch Metadata Change

Aperture 3

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 1:59 PM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2014 2:56 PM in response to PCGuy@heart

"Photo" has no useful meaning in Aperture. The Browser and the Viewer show you Images in your Library. Each Image is either rendered, on the fly, from the Original (the digicam file you imported) and the Version (a text file detailing the changes in metadata and adjustments you have made), or when possible Aperture shows you the Preview of this rendered Image.

Changing metadata should never cause Images to be deleted from your Library.

How have you confirmed that they "disappear from the library/project"?

Which containers have your checked?

Is the Browser filter displaying "Showing All"?

Have you repaired your Library recently?

Photos Missing After Batch Metadata Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.