Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 gps location erratic

My time capsule hard drive quit before being two years old. Using my Fios wireless router instead. Everything works fine except the GPS location service on my iPad 4. Keeps changing from TX, where I live, to an address in West New York, NJ. Changes back and forth with each login or position in the house. Sounds like a router issue except all other devices work fine including my wife's iPad mini. Went to Apple store without success. Help. Had Fios change IP address and have reset network and made all possible Tries within settings. What am I missing?

thank you for any ideas.

iPad, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 1:59 PM

9 replies

Aug 20, 2014 8:15 AM in response to jlg159

More info. Problem still has not resolved itself. However, plugged in the old time capsule ( the hard drive failed, not the radio) and iPad GPS works fine on it. Moreover, it works fine on the Fios router as long as the Time Capsule radio is on. Unplugging the time capsule power makes me go back to a location in NJ. Obviously, iPad is feeding off multiple signals and the Fios router is somehow the problem. Still perplexing as iMac, iPad Mini and Apple TV all working fine.

Sep 30, 2014 5:28 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Hello. As an update, my problem is not resolved. I went away for a month and iPad worked fine. When I returned the location worked correctly. After three weeks, it now shows me back at the same location in NJ ( again, where I have never been) instead of Texas. I give up. Neither Apple nor Verizon has been any help and it has been too long for my router to be "discovered".

iPad 4 gps location erratic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.