Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos have completely disappeared from air macbook

All my photos have disappeared from Iphoto library including all the albums!!

I restarted .. and also followed an advice that is closed the iphoto, then reopened while pushing alt and command.

I can't believe it! Please help

It is a MacBookAir 10.9.4.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 3:04 PM

First this is an iMac forum, when posting please be careful to post in the correct area so your post gets the attention it deserves.

Next read and execute the steps in iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library

Finally why are you not backing up your computer?? That is absolutely critical and there is no reason to not be backing up to an external HD using at least Time Machine. This should be your VERY first priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2014 3:04 PM in response to evelynefromliege

First this is an iMac forum, when posting please be careful to post in the correct area so your post gets the attention it deserves.

Next read and execute the steps in iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library

Finally why are you not backing up your computer?? That is absolutely critical and there is no reason to not be backing up to an external HD using at least Time Machine. This should be your VERY first priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 18, 2014 3:37 PM in response to evelynefromliege

evelynefromliege wrote:

Thank you... I feel so stupid! I am new to Mac.. bought it in the States and recd no training (no time). I used to backup on PC.. don't know why I overlooked.

Which forum should I post in future, if I may ask?

If you have an iPhoto problem, the iPhoto forum. No need to feel stupid, you are new and just were not aware.

To learn how to use Time Machine please click Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac

photos have completely disappeared from air macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.