5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2014 2:50 AM by Gary Scotland
Howard Pettigrew1 Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)

Iʻve built a Keynote presentation in Keynote 6.2   Iʻve put text and images onto the slides and set them to appear in Animate - Build In, but on my current new laptop, this is way too quick for what I would like. I canʻt seem to find a way to adjust the speed of the animation?

Cheers and thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)
  • Gary Scotland Level 6 Level 6 (10,940 points)

Change the duration setting, depending on the effect this is either a slider, up/downarrows or an numerical input box.

• Howard Pettigrew1 Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)

Thanks for getting back to me Gary. I can do that for Transitions, i.e. the effect BETWEEN slides, but those sliders / buttons arenʻt there when you select an object on the slide and go to the Animate button (and select Build in, Action or Build Out!) which I would call an animation???

In fact I described how to set the duration in a Build as that is what you described.

Here is the inspector for builds showing the Duration slider:

build.png

• Howard Pettigrew1 Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)

Thanks again Gary, but I now have it sorted. I missed putting a capital on Appear - the animation I was using. I noticed you were using Blur and that has got the duration speed but not Appear - it is the only animation without controls - this is crazy! Is it just something they've missed in the update or yet another iWork feature that has been removed? I hate most of the other effects for a professional presentation and the one you would really like to control doesn't have a control! On my very new machine, it is just way too fast - its a waste of time having it. I'm not going to go back through my presentation now - too late, but I will use Dissolve next time which gives the same effect but have some control! I also send through YET ANOTHER feature missing / bug report. There is some nice new stuff in the latest versions of iWork and I like the new formatting palette but some stuff they have removed...

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond - TWICE - and posting the picture. That was the bit that provided the clue

Cheers and thanks from New Zealand

Appear is set up a little differently, but in fact works correctly. It is used in a build sequence when an object is required to "appear" without any distortion. The delay is added in the build order pane.  Location points appearing on a map in time to a voice over is something I have used often.

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 10.39.45.png