Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change animation speed

Iʻve built a Keynote presentation in Keynote 6.2 Iʻve put text and images onto the slides and set them to appear in Animate - Build In, but on my current new laptop, this is way too quick for what I would like. I canʻt seem to find a way to adjust the speed of the animation?

Cheers and thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 11:59 AM

Thanks again Gary, but I now have it sorted. I missed putting a capital on Appear - the animation I was using. I noticed you were using Blur and that has got the duration speed but not Appear - it is the only animation without controls - this is crazy! Is it just something they've missed in the update or yet another iWork feature that has been removed? I hate most of the other effects for a professional presentation and the one you would really like to control doesn't have a control! On my very new machine, it is just way too fast - its a waste of time having it. I'm not going to go back through my presentation now - too late, but I will use Dissolve next time which gives the same effect but have some control! I also send through YET ANOTHER feature missing / bug report. There is some nice new stuff in the latest versions of iWork and I like the new formatting palette but some stuff they have removed...

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond - TWICE - and posting the picture. That was the bit that provided the clue

Cheers and thanks from New Zealand

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2014 11:59 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks again Gary, but I now have it sorted. I missed putting a capital on Appear - the animation I was using. I noticed you were using Blur and that has got the duration speed but not Appear - it is the only animation without controls - this is crazy! Is it just something they've missed in the update or yet another iWork feature that has been removed? I hate most of the other effects for a professional presentation and the one you would really like to control doesn't have a control! On my very new machine, it is just way too fast - its a waste of time having it. I'm not going to go back through my presentation now - too late, but I will use Dissolve next time which gives the same effect but have some control! I also send through YET ANOTHER feature missing / bug report. There is some nice new stuff in the latest versions of iWork and I like the new formatting palette but some stuff they have removed...

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond - TWICE - and posting the picture. That was the bit that provided the clue

Cheers and thanks from New Zealand

How do you change animation speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.