Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunesU available for a Windows PC?

I would like to sign up for a course at iTunesU. Is it available for a Windows PC?

Windows PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 10:45 AM

iTunes U is available only for iOS:

http://www.apple.com/education/ipad/itunes-u/

However, there are two kinds of content available, "courses" and "collections". If you look at the iTunes U section on the iTunes Store, you'll note some are square (collection) and some have a faux wire binder and tabs (course); you can subscribe and watch collections from within iTunes, but courses only work on iOS.

Does that help?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2014 10:45 AM in response to crazykate3452

iTunes U is available only for iOS:

http://www.apple.com/education/ipad/itunes-u/

However, there are two kinds of content available, "courses" and "collections". If you look at the iTunes U section on the iTunes Store, you'll note some are square (collection) and some have a faux wire binder and tabs (course); you can subscribe and watch collections from within iTunes, but courses only work on iOS.

Does that help?

Aug 21, 2014 5:41 PM in response to patixa

It doesn't really help. I was hoping to get one of my courses out of the way. I know that passing the course on iTunesU would count and that would be a help to me. I attend Full Sail University. We have to have a MacBook Pro, but if we don't have one we get one after the fourth month of classes. My PC is about gone, but I won't have the MacBook until November and that is when the course comes up. It would be nice if we could use iTunesU like we use iTunes - through an app. I would even be willing to pay for that app. It's like the discounts for buying a computer if you are a college student, but we don't get those either because we buy our computers through the school.

Hmmmm....

Aug 21, 2014 6:05 PM in response to crazykate3452

As I noted, if your course is listed in iTunes (for Mac or Windows) as a square without decoration, you should be able to play it on Windows. A Mac can't play the other course types, so if the school is saying you can play the required course on a Mac, you should be able to play it on Windows.

Do you have the specific iTunes Store URL for the course?

Is iTunesU available for a Windows PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.