Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! FMF app said I was somewhere that I wasn't!

Here is my problem. Find my friends alerted my girlfriend that I was "at" her house. I was actually 1-2 miles away driving home. She apparently looked out the window and saw a similar car so she asked me if I had just driven by, I had not. I told her that I hadn't but because I was so close when she looked in the app anyway she thinks I am lying to her. Can someone please explain how the location alerts work so I can explain to her that I am not lying. Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 8:40 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Firemedic 56

Hi Firemedic 56,

This article may help you troubleshoot your issue with Find My Friends -

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My Friends

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4008

Specifically -

Location is old or inaccurate

This can occur if:

• The device being located was previously located and has not yet provided an updated location to iCloud. Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • You are currently signed in to Find My Friends on more than one device. You can set which of your devices is displayed to your followers:
    • Find My Friends 3.0 or later:
    • On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

• Find My Friends 2.1.1 or earlier: Tap the Me tab, tap Account, then choose your active device. This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

Note: A device's previous location will be available for 2 hours, after which it is deleted, and "Location Not available" appears.

Also see this article -

Find My Friends: Frequently asked questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4487

How often is my device transmitting my location with Find My Friends?

Your location is sent from your device when someone requests to see your location. It is not transmitted on a regular interval. For more information, see the iCloud security & privacy overview.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Help! FMF app said I was somewhere that I wasn't!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.