Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration of iPhoto Library from OS X 10.5.8 to Maverics

Hi,

I worked with an iMac with OS X 10.5.8. Now I purchased a Mac Book Air with OS X Maverics. It seems that I cannot migrate photos via Time Machine backup from an external drive to the new device. I installed the iPhoto Updater tool, but still get errors. Are there alternatives? In the best case, I would like to have my photos stored on the external drive.

Thanks in advance,

J😕😀

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 2:32 AM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2014 3:01 AM in response to JJfromGER

Which version of iPhoto have you been using on your iMac?

• On your iMac: Drag your iPhoto library to an external drive, formatted MacOS Extended (Journaled), with the "Ignore Ownership on this volume" flag enabled, as described in this linked document: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users
  • On your MacBook Air: Connect the drive. If the library has been created by iPhoto '08, run the iPhoto Library upgrader (see: iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader). Then double click the library, to open it in iPhoto '11 and to upgrade it to the new version.

Migration of iPhoto Library from OS X 10.5.8 to Maverics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.