Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I updated my MacbookPro with a Maverick, my iphoto cannot be used anymore. Is there a way to send my old iphoto albums to icloud or is it just too late?

I updated my Mac with a Maverick, but my iphoto cannot be used any more😢 Is there a way to send my old iphoto albums to icloud or is it just too late? My iphoto icon is in my dock, but it's crossed out, and won't operate.

MacBook Pro, updated my MacbookPro with Maverick

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 6:06 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2014 7:22 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks, Barry. I'll update my software. As for the response about my Macbook. "You can't use this version of the application "iPhoto"with this version of OSX. You have "iPhoto" 9.2.3" -But my 2011 Macbook was a 10.4. etc So I don't understand why my iPhoto was such a different version from even the first Mac. Odd. However, I am learning to understand more about my Mac and hoping to become more aware of how applications and software work (or don't work).

I'll let you know how the software update works. 🙂 Thanks.

Aug 23, 2014 3:14 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi Barry!

I owe you a proper Thank you! You were right about me needing to update my software. I have been pretty clueless about many of the computer applications I've heard of, but I've learned a bit by doing what you suggested. I was able to "fix" my iphoto and a I got a few other nice changes after updating the 3 free updates that were available to me. Thanks so much! - One thing that was so wonderful about getting my iphoto "back" was being able to share my photos with my Dad for this weekend-during his 88th birthday!

I'm glad I found you in our "community". 🙂 Hopefully, I can learn enough to help others too, eventually.

All the best to you,

Sally

After I updated my MacbookPro with a Maverick, my iphoto cannot be used anymore. Is there a way to send my old iphoto albums to icloud or is it just too late?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.