Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the last backup could not be completed

Dear Sir

always I get this massage when i try to make a backup with devices

'the last backup could not be completed'

Please advise

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 8:10 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Brett L

These troubleshooting links don't address the issue. There is no error message pop up (e.g. - out of icloud space, etc.) The backup just stops after a few seconds or minutes and under the "Back Up Now" button (which is not grayed out because the device is connected to wifi), it only says, "The last backup could not be completed." And, "Last Backup: Never"

I am also getting this issue inexplicably on an iPhone 5 and an iPad Air 2, both currently up to date with the latest iOS: 8.3. Each of these devices are on different iCloud accounts, both accounts have multiple iOS devices and plenty of space, and all other iOS devices on these 2 accounts are all backup up fine still. I have tried individually turning off backup for all apps and deleted the existing backups to try and get it to start afresh. Still nothing.

They both used to be backing up automatically, but have stopped over the last few weeks. The only reason I even knew there were issues is because of the warning popup that displayed warning that no backup had been done in the last 2 weeks.

the last backup could not be completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.