Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My method of payment keeps getting declined

when I tr. to download something it says Theres was a problem with my billing info but when I try to fix it it keeps on saying tht my payment method was declined, I even tried other credit cards and still says tht my payment method was declined. I'm on iPhone 5s and I can't download anything.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 7:53 AM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2017 6:54 AM in response to kysasap

So I have two cards that keep getting declined when I put them in but I have 10$ on both cards so if I owe a purchase it should be charging me. The most I've spent is 10$ so it should be working. Also, I have 15$ in my iTunes account so can't it take it from that balance too? Of course this if I owe a purchase which I think it is because I've recently been spending money on a game. Please help

Jan 9, 2017 8:26 AM in response to Triggered456

triggerd456: Please do not post in a 2 year old topic that is about an unrelated issue (the original poster's question was about a credit card). It works best here if you start a new topic with your question, that way the topic will stay focused on solving your problem and people won't get confused with seeing 2 year old solutions that may have changed. 🙂

Aug 21, 2014 6:46 AM in response to kysasap

Hi there kysasap,

You may want to double-check the billing information on your account. Take a look at the article below for more information.

Pay an unpaid balance in the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6295

If your payment method was declined, update your billing information. You might need to use a different payment method. When you update your billing information, remember to check these things:

• Make sure your name and address match the information on file with your financial institution.
  • Use a payment account that's in good standing.

If there's a problem with a previous purchase, you'll see a message when you sign in to the store or try to make a purchase.

-Griff W.

My method of payment keeps getting declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.