Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn't display Cyrillic domain name correctly

Hello there,

I wonder why is that Safari doesn't display Cyrillic domain name with .укр TLD correctly, that is official Ukrainian Cyrillic TLD.

For example, if you visit the official website of the President of Ukraine, by typing: президент.укр in your Safari web-browser address bar instead you will see this: xn--d1abbgf6aiiy.xn--j1amh

On the other hand, if you visit the official website of the Russian president by typing the Cyrillic domain name with .рф TLD: президент.рф, it will be displayed correctly in Safari address bar.

For me it sounds as some form of discrimination, and I think it should be corrected ASAP.

Is there any solution to this?

This is an issue on all Safari web-browsers running on latest iOS of iPhones, iPads and iPods.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2, iPad, iPod

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 8:32 AM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2014 9:11 AM in response to AlexNet

To ask Apple to fix this, you need to repost it at

http://www.apple.com/feedback

If I remember right, display of such domains in the original script may depend on whether the domain officials have policies in place to safeguard against potential confusion between names that look the same in cyrillic and latin. But it could also be a simple oversight.

Each browser may be different: Do Firefox and Chrome behave the same?

Safari doesn't display Cyrillic domain name correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.