Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2013 iMac and image retention issues

I just purchased a certified refurb Sept 2013 iMac 27" 3.5GHz i7 3tb. I've already read the image retention advice on the Apple website (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455) and the problem keeps showing up. Additionally, I don't feel that I should have to keep such a close eye on my screen on such a new machine. I'm running a screen saver when I'm not on the computer, and I shut the display down if I'm leaving the computer for the day. I can't even have a desktop picture without seeing a burnt in image of the picture on my screen. Any help would be appreciated.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 2:05 PM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2014 4:20 AM in response to baltwo

Hey!

I've had the same problem (image persistence) on my iMac 27'' (late 2013).

I had to have my display changed through Apple Care a few days ago. The thing took 30 minutes.

Apparently they solved the problem on later models.

If your iMac is still guaranteed I would strongly suggest that you have it serviced (whether you have Apple Care or not). It is not a software problem that you can solve using the white screensaver!

It is a hardware problem.

Hope this helps!

Late 2013 iMac and image retention issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.