Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new macbook air and my iPod shuffle won't sync

I bought a new macbook air and my iPod shuffle won't sync, I reset the iPod and still no luck. iTunes opens and the icon for my iPod shows up with an up arrow next to it but every time I click the icon it disappears and nothing happens. Got any suggestions?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), help

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 3:16 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2014 4:43 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, I tried all of that but the problem is when I connect the usb it flashes for a split second like it is going to sync and the icon shows up but when I click o n it it disappears. There is no main page that comes up and when I click on "music" the only options it gives me are "Library" "T.V. Shows" and "Movies" . It doesn't appear like the photo on the "Syncing music to iPod shuffle" link you sent. The "Music" icon or tab is not in the center but it is on the far left of the screen.

Aug 19, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I just figured it out after some research on iPod shuffles - they only use usb2.0 and macbook air has only usb 3.0 ports so I think this may be the issue. The new 7th gen iPod touch or even the nano will work with the usb 3.0 but not the shuffle, they only work with 2.0 port. Why can't you find this out BEFORE you buy a computer. I can't think of every little question to ask, but here's the problem: I switched from a Windows laptop to a Macbook Air laptop and now I can't use ton's of software I already purchased, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 because they are for Windows. Now I find out I can't use my iPod shuffle either due to this port issue. Thanks for letting me vent....

I bought a new macbook air and my iPod shuffle won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.