Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Utility 6.3.2 doesn't see older AirPort Base Station

I have an old AirPort Base Station (2001 model, Dual Ethernet, "Snow", actually not "Graphite", though apparently that's the correct category here), which was previously configured with my MacBook Pro running MAC OS X 10.6.8. I've just started it up, with the DSL modem connected to it, and I'm able to connect to it (and get Internet) from my new MacBook Pro running 10.9.4 just fine. However, the latest AirPort Utility v.6.3.2 doesn't see it, says "No configured AirPort base stations have been found. AirPort Utility will continue searching." – although its window does show a green button next to the word Internet, showing (I assume) that there's an Internet connection. Does anybody know how to configure an old APBS like this from 10.9.4? AirPort Utility v.5.6.1 apparently can't be used with 10.9; is there a version that can, and will see this older AirPort Base Station?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 2.4GHz (2013), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 2:37 PM

Does anybody know how to configure an old APBS like this from 10.9.4?

Not in any way that Apple would support, or that we could discuss on this forum.

Not recommending that you try a solution from the Internet using an "unknown" author to "override" security settings on your Mac, but that would be the only way to possibly get AirPort Utility 5.6.1 to run on 10.9.4.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2014 2:37 PM in response to HandyMac

Does anybody know how to configure an old APBS like this from 10.9.4?

Not in any way that Apple would support, or that we could discuss on this forum.

Not recommending that you try a solution from the Internet using an "unknown" author to "override" security settings on your Mac, but that would be the only way to possibly get AirPort Utility 5.6.1 to run on 10.9.4.

Aug 20, 2014 5:58 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks. I've got older Macs (MacBook Aluminum 2008, PowerBook G3) I can use to work with this AirPort Base Station if needed; I was just wondering if there was a way to do it with my new MacBook Pro and 10.9.x. I see the page for AirPort Utility 6.3.1 says "to set up and manage your 802.11n and 802.11ac AirPort base stations", which leaves out 802.11b/g. (Strange, I can't find a download page for AirPort Utility 6.3.2, which I have on my MBP, nor is it listed in the App Store / Software Update; not sure how I got it.)

AirPort Utility 6.3.2 doesn't see older AirPort Base Station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.