Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please I need some assistance installing iTunes?

Hello, I have a 32 bit Windows Vista system, with avast antivirus and a registry cleaner called YAC. Recently I have been having problems updating iTunes program, it kept telling me that both the Apple Mobile Device and Bonjour could not be started because i needed to verify my privileges. I tried everything to solve this problem and nothing would work, I even uninstalled iTunes entirely, except for iCloud and I didnt erased a folder from Bonjour (because i can't) and my music bought from the apple store. Nothing would work, and now I can't even install iTunes nor any of its components. The same messages would appear all over again, Bonjour/Apple Mobile Device can't be installed. Verify your privileges, or something like that.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem would you be so kind as to tell me what is your solution?

Thanks for your time and understanding. Have a wonderful day.

Toshiba 32 bit system-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 7:53 PM

Download the latest iTunes here:

Download iTunes Get the latest version of iTunes for Mac or Windows. Download now

If you are using InternetExplorer:

iTunes: Downloading iTunes for Windows using Internet Explorer

Before you install switch off your anti-virus and firewall.

6 replies

Aug 20, 2014 6:38 PM in response to ckuan

I must apologize for telling you that this answer helped me with the problem. I am new in the forum and I am getting familiar with the functions. Thank you for your answer. I did what you told me to do and now in the computer appeared a window that said that Windows Installer could not be executed, that i had to contact support to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem but I thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your support and time. Have a nice day

Aug 20, 2014 6:44 PM in response to timburtina94

Should you run into trouble on a future upgrade...

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Aug 20, 2014 6:52 PM in response to ckuan

Windows Vista

To make sure that the firewall isn't blocking iTunes, follow these steps:

1. Choose Start > Control Panel.
  2. Click Security and click Windows Firewall.
    Note: In the Classic View of Control Panel, click Windows Firewall.
  3. Click Change Settings.
  4. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
  5. In the Windows Firewall Settings window, make sure that "Block all incoming connections" is deselected.
  6. Click the Exceptions tab.

To make sure that iTunes appears in your list of programs, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that iTunes is selected under "Programs or port" and click OK.
  2. If iTunes isn't listed, click Add Program, click Browse, and go to iTunes, which is usually in C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.
    Note: For 64 bit editions of Windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.
  3. Select iTunes and click Open.
    Note:
    iTunes may also appear as iTunes.exe.
  4. Click OK in the Add a Program window.
  5. Click OK in the Windows Firewall Settings window.
  6. Click OK in the Properties window.

Aug 20, 2014 7:07 PM in response to timburtina94

timburtina94 wrote:

I must apologize for telling you that this answer helped me with the problem. I am new in the forum and I am getting familiar with the functions. Thank you for your answer. I did what you told me to do and now in the computer appeared a window that said that Windows Installer could not be executed, that i had to contact support to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem but I thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your support and time. Have a nice day

You're welcome, have a read on the links provided by turingtest2.

You have a nice day too,

Please I need some assistance installing iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.