Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

solo sax in real instrument

Hi there,

I am a newbie of mac and garageband. Recently I've bought a macbook pro mainly for recording purpose. I am a saxophone player. I knew from my friend that old GB version can have a function called 'solo sax' inside 'Real Instrument', which they used for recording. However, on my GB version 10.0.2, I can't find this option. Does anyone know where can I find this option in new GB? Thanks.

Catherine

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 8:09 PM

6 replies

Aug 20, 2014 12:30 AM in response to hkc4cat

That instrument "Solo Sax" is part of the "legacy" section and only available, if GarageBand '11 is still installed with all the previous instruments.

User uploaded file

If you previously had GarageBand '11 installed, type Solo Sax into the search field in the Library Window. Perhaps your instrument library has been mixed up by an recent installation. Is the instrument to be found anywhere?

User uploaded file

Aug 20, 2014 12:46 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your reply. My Macbook is newly purchased 3 months ago. When the machine came, the Garageband 10.0.2 was already installed and no previous version had been installed. I could find I found 'Legacy' in the library, however, I noticed that there was an update sound library option available. After I updated it, my 'Legacy' component was removed.

Also, I have purchased the add-on component from apple. After downloaded, it seems that nothing happened. I'd tried this procedure several times, but it is still failed. Could anyone tell me what I should see after sucessful install the add-on? thanks.

Aug 20, 2014 1:04 AM in response to hkc4cat

Apple is not very specific about the content of the in-app purchase. See:

Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6031

With a one-time in-app purchase of $4.99 (USD), you can expand this content to 200 sounds, 2,000 loops, 15 drummers, and 40 basic lessons for guitar and piano. You also gain the ability to purchase additional Artist Lessons.

To see, if your in-app purchase installed correctly, ad a drummer Track to your project, and check, if you now have more than just the drummer SoCal. Also, you should able to purchase more piano and Guitar lessons for free from the Lesson Store in the opening panel, when you select "File > New"

User uploaded file

You will only see the 2000 loops in the Loop Browser however, if you disable "keyword browsing" in the GarageBand Preferences "Loops" panel.

User uploaded file

Have you checked of the saxophone instruments in the "Studio Instruments > Woodwind" section, if they would suffice for your needs?

solo sax in real instrument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.