Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s won't send or receive texts, iMessage won't activate.

I recently moved away from home for school and where I moved to I'm roaming constantly. My phone started not receiving or sending texts to people without iMessage. I turned my iMessage off to try to send myself a text and make the others come through and now my iMessage won't activate. I can only receive phone calls now. I've tried everything to fix it. Turned my phone off and on, reset all my settings. Nothing works.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, Appalachian Wireless

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 10:20 PM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2014 9:37 AM in response to Torr95

Torr95 wrote:

I recently moved away from home for school and where I moved to I'm roaming constantly. My phone started not receiving or sending texts to people without iMessage. I turned my iMessage off to try to send myself a text and make the others come through and now my iMessage won't activate. I can only receive phone calls now. I've tried everything to fix it. Turned my phone off and on, reset all my settings. Nothing works.

That would be the issue. Contact your cell phone provider and see what they can do the help you with your cellular data issue.

iOS: Using Messages

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

iPhone 4s won't send or receive texts, iMessage won't activate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.