Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving skype push notifications? PLEASE HELP.

I have had the new version of skype downloaded onto my phone for awhile and it has never given me issues until yesterday. It doesn't give me any push notifications while I am not in the app (no noises, banners, vibrations, sounds or preview of the message at all). I have new messages when I bring skype up that I never received notifications for. I'm not receiving notifications AT ALL.

I have notifications for sounds and previews and pretty much everything turned on in both my settings and in the app itself.

I contacted skype about this and all they could do to help was suggest downloading a previous version to my phone. How would I do that? Is that the answer to my problem?

I've tried deleting and redownloading the app, that did not work.

Me and my boyfriend are currently in a long distance relationship so this is very very important to me, please help. Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Aug 20, 2014 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 9:24 AM

I have removed and re-installed twice now. Nothing I do will make this cr’App send anything to my lock screen Notification center iOS 8.

All notifications are ON. Notifications for all chats are ON. Notifications for all chats on my iMac OSX 10.9.5 are ON. Makes no difference.

Every single update from Microshaft is worse. I used to love Skype. MS have ruined it completely. And they won’t let anyone else hook into their system to do it better. What losers.

Microsotf: "It's OUR BALL and we like it with NO AIR"

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2015 9:24 AM in response to solidOz

I have removed and re-installed twice now. Nothing I do will make this cr’App send anything to my lock screen Notification center iOS 8.

All notifications are ON. Notifications for all chats are ON. Notifications for all chats on my iMac OSX 10.9.5 are ON. Makes no difference.

Every single update from Microshaft is worse. I used to love Skype. MS have ruined it completely. And they won’t let anyone else hook into their system to do it better. What losers.

Microsotf: "It's OUR BALL and we like it with NO AIR"

Nov 10, 2017 6:02 PM in response to pdroth

It's actually a problem amoung a noumber of apps like this. I have used s4b and Bria to connect into a PBX phone system and both have the same problem. It's something to do with how iOS puts the phone and apps to sleep to save battery. the app developers have to rewrite code to get around it.

- the solution I was given to the prblem is to switch to Android where apparently this issue doesn't exist for s4b.

I'm finding so many more apps crashing in iOS 11

Aug 22, 2014 11:04 AM in response to CiarraD

Hello CiarraD,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Please follow the steps below to ensure you have notifications configured correctly for the Skype app.

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3576

Take care,

Alex H.

Not receiving skype push notifications? PLEASE HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.