Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a malware removal tool for ipad?

HHi, I may have a malware in my ipad, is there a successful antivirus/malware removal tool that can be recommended?

thanks

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 20, 2014 4:17 PM

8 replies

Aug 20, 2014 6:46 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Hi, I was on our local auction site here in NZ, and a pop up box came up and asked me for my password for the site, now this site advertises that they will never ask for your password. The box did not have the logo or anything on it so I deleted it, and contacted the sites administrators straight away, it was them that suggested I may have an issue with malware.

my ipad is as it left the factory, not jail broken.

thanks

Aug 20, 2014 7:16 PM in response to JackFromTaupo

You don't need a password to log into the auction site? How does it identify you as a participant?

Would you be willing to post the URL of the site?

The possibly of a hacked wireless router should be considered. Your ISP's DNS could also cause misdirected addresses, which could the the result of malicious interference, or a simple oversight. If the unexpected password prompt does not occur while using another wireless network served by a different ISP, both are possibilities.

Aug 20, 2014 7:38 PM in response to John Galt

HI John, well you don't need to be logged on to the website (http://www.trademe.co.nz) , they will never ask you what your password is, which is when the popup appeared, I was surprised to be asked, as it not their policy to ask.

the pop up I got was the first i have seen, we just got a new wireless router from our phone supplier, Vodafone, it is secured with WAP2 . Still, something to think about.

I'm still changing my passwords again tho

Jack

Aug 20, 2014 7:49 PM in response to JackFromTaupo

Thanks. This is what that page should look like (on an iPhone though):

User uploaded file

Anything other than that, including a popup password screen, should be considered suspicious.

Try resetting Safari: go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data.

Consider toggling "on" the settings for both Fraudulent Website Warning and Block Pop-ups, if they are not already selected "on".

Is there a malware removal tool for ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.