Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I redownload purchased music if I've deleted it from Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/

I've deleted duplicated by default files from Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/. But there were a lot of purchased items. Is it possible to redownload purchases? I've tried to do it using "Purchased" link from iTunes Store homepage, but it shows purchased item as if they are in my library still.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 4:33 AM

7 replies

Aug 21, 2014 4:45 AM in response to 260479

How did you delete the music e.g. did you just delete it from the folder on your Mac and it's still listed in the Music part of your iTunes library ? If you did then try deleting it from Music in your iTunes library and (for the tracks that are still in the store) they should then have the cloud icon against them in the Purchased link for redownloading - or (and if the 'missing' songs are no longer listed in Music) you could tick the 'show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases' tick box on the Store tab in iTunes > Preferences (command-comma) and they should then show in the Music part of your library with the cloud icon on them for redownloading from there.

Jul 2, 2015 11:59 PM in response to SnakeBite14

Is that album (the version that you bought) still in your country's store (rights-holders occasionally remove items), you haven't moved countries since buying it, and have you checked to see if it's hidden : Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ? And, even if you you don't have the actual music files on your computer, you don't have the tracks still listed in the My Music part of your iTunes library ?

Jul 3, 2015 4:53 AM in response to King_Penguin

Asking Alexandria's "Reckless and Relentless" album. When I first downloaded it, about half the files were corrupted during download, so I deleted the entire album off my computer and iPod Touch to redownload them later. I never deleted the album off my iPod Nano because I never had it hooked up after first putting them on there. So I tried the steps listed above to attempt to redownload it, but the album doesn't show up. I just reconnected my iPod Nano, and transferred the purchases onto my computer, but it's only given me tracks 2-5, 8, and 11 out of 12. The album doesn't show up under the Purchased tab, and when I look at it in the store, it says that entire album is already purchased, so I can't do anything there.

Can I redownload purchased music if I've deleted it from Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.