Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows is the absolute WORST Software ever created.

This software has been the single WORST experience I have ever encountered on Windows 7. How this software exists is beyond me.

To start, I have to get off the internet to even connect to iTunes. Yep, it won't even open unless I get offline and then reconnect. The second I try to connect while online, it encounters a problem and shuts down. I found the tip on these forums about going offline to even get it to work.

Then I go to sync my device (Ipad Air). Transferring purchases. Okay, this shouldn't take too long. WRONG. Freezes and hangs EVERY single time I attempt to sync a device. I figure, ok, maybe I can go watch some Youtube vids or something while it syncs. WRONG. It freezes my entire computer up. I end up having to physically shut off the CPU and back on. Then make sure to be offline (you can't connect unless you aren't), reopen Itunes, try to continue to sync my device. Transferring purchases, freeze again. Repeat same annoying process for 4 hours to transfer 15 purchases.

I would not recommend this software to my worst enemy. It has become a pain to even use it anymore. The updates get worse every time as well.

The ridiculous syncing issues, the constant freezing, the shutting down the second you start up the program, not to mention countless other errors make this without a doubt, the worst software I have ever encountered.

I have read so many unhelpful forum posts to correct these problems and nothing works. This is just a useless software.

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 9:46 AM

1 reply

iTunes for Windows is the absolute WORST Software ever created.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.