Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon PIXMA MP180/160 to Macbook?

I'm trying to hook up my Canon PIXMA MP180/160 (printer) to my Macbook but am having some difficulties. Is there anyone who can tell me step by step what to do?

A CD came with the printer to help set up the software, but each time I try to set it up, the installation goes as far as 71% and is stuck at that percentage. I transferred all of my files to a hard drive to make more space but that didn't solve the problem either. I also went onto Canon's website to install the latest driver but that did not help either :/
Help is much appreciated..

- KazmiF

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 10:39 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2014 11:23 AM in response to KazmiF

The MP180 is supported (without downloading or installing anything directly from Canon): OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

More detailed instructions: Mac Basics: Printing in OS X

Canon's support site does not have a driver for a Mac running Mavericks: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp180#DriversAndSoftware

Canon PIXMA MP180/160 to Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.