Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks

I have two iMacs and an iPad. When I log in to my office iMac, using my apple id, same one I use across the board, I have a different library of books than when I log in from my home iMac or my iPad. Why?

iPad, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 7:00 AM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Dcneuro

Where is the difference e.g. books downloaded, what shows for redownloading, are they ibooks purchased from Apple or epubs from other sources ?

If what is currently downloaded into the app then you might (if you haven't changed countries since buying them and they are still in the store) be able to redownload your ibooks purchases on the computer(s)/iPad that they aren't on via the Purchased tab in the iBookstore in the app. If they are epubs from other sources then you will need to copy them yourself onto the computers/devices where you want them

Aug 25, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Dcneuro

If they are PDFs then they won't be in the cloud for redownloading, only ibooks that you've bought from the ibookstore might show for redownloading (as long as you don't change countries and the rights-holder doesn't remove them from the store) - PDFs (and/or epubs) will only be on the devices/computers that you copy them to, so if you want them on your iMac then you will have to copy them to it e.g. by emailing them to yourself, copying them onto a flash drive etc

Aug 27, 2014 7:00 AM in response to Dcneuro

Yes, only actual ibooks bought from the iTunes iBookstore can show for redownloading on other devices/computers - or can potentially automatically download onto a device/computer if you have automatic downloads turned 'on' on it when you buy the ibook on a different device/computer.

PDFs and/or epubs from other sources you need to sync/copy them yourself where you want them.

iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.