4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2014 4:03 PM by romad
romad Level 3 (605 points)

I'm trying to add a TrueType (TTF) font from 1999 to Fontbook but it tells me there are problems:

"3 serious errors were found. Do not use these fonts."

'name' table usability

'sfnt' required tables

'name' table structure

Is there an economical way to convert this TTF to a format that Fontbook in Mac OS 10.7.5 will accept?

• Kurt Lang Level 8 (36,685 points)

There's the free FontForge, which is not getting much attention for the Mac version from the organization that does the upkeep.

Other than that, everything is paid software. But there are also web sites that will convert fonts for free, such as this one. It may be able to generate a new font while correcting the errors at the same time.

• romad Level 3 (605 points)

Thanks! I wasn't able to converter from TTF to TTF but WAS able to convert the font to OTF. I used this

• Kurt Lang Level 8 (36,685 points)

Yes, there's quite a few sites that will do these quick conversions. Didn't realize the one I linked to wouldn't generate the same type of font as the original. OpenType is a better format going forward anyway. Glad you got it fixed.

• romad Level 3 (605 points)

Thanks again. I don't know exactly when the font was created, though I know it was sometime in the 90s. My copy had a 1999 file date.