Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Officejet 6500A Plus

I can not scan from my printer to my computer. The printer does not detect my Mac Air computer with a 10.9 operating system. My printer disk will not install as it only works with 10.6 or lower system. I can not download a new driver from the HP website. Any help will be appreciated

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 2:13 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2014 2:56 PM in response to Ellen1220

Use the pre installed Image Capture app located in your Applications folder to scan with.

Connect the scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Launch Image Capture.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

If you need help with the Image Capture software, click Help from the Image Capture menu bar.

More help here > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

Aug 22, 2014 2:57 PM in response to Ellen1220

Have you followed the instructions for "Install the printer software ..." in the following link and then followed the instructions in the FAQ titled "How do I scan with the driver from the Apple Software Update?" section lower on the same page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03967522&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en &os=4159&product=4083871&sw_lang=#N70

HP Officejet 6500A Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.