Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what ports does time capsule need?

I am a google fibre customer and I have been told that I need to open ports on google fibre box to allow it to see my time capsule for me to use time machine. Apple and Google support both say the same thing. Apple have sent me this list of ports (Well known TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products) but I am not esp. technical and I cannot find in this list a clear reference to ports specifically required for a laptop connected to a google fibre box to "see" a time capsule connected to the google fibre box by ethernet cable. Can anyone help?

Time Capsule 802.11n (2nd Gen), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), google fibre

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 4:30 PM

Which ports you need to open depend on the services you'll be using; you need to open port 192 to manage the base station, and 548 to use it for Time Machine backups.

(111371)

2 replies

Aug 22, 2014 6:22 PM in response to andrewkiwi

You should not need to open any ports..

If you access TC from LAN all ports are open. In your network.. you have google fibre from some ONT box outside.. connects to either a router supplied by google or via ethernet direct to the WAN port of the TC. All client devices are plugged in or connected by wireless to the TC and will have full access to the internet and the TC file shares.

what ports does time capsule need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.