Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a season pass of Homeland tv show in itunes on my iphone and it will not airplay to my apple tv

I have an Iphone 5c and it has an IOS 7.1.2 where I have just purchased a season pass for homeland and although I received and emai confirmation my purchase its not in my itunes purchased or downloads. I finally found it in the Videos App and are now trying to airplay it on my Apple TV MD199LL/A but although my iphone give me the option to airplay it , it just won't stream.

Is there a solution to view my episoded in my tv streaming through my apple tv.

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 4:38 PM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2014 8:03 AM in response to rmera

Hello there rmera,

It sounds like you have the option to use Airplay on your phone but your Apple TV doesn't seem to be picking it up. I would start by restarting the device and testing it again:

Restart your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Restart.

User uploaded file

Apple TV: How to restart your Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3180

If that does not resolve the issue, I would next use the following article to help resolve the issue:

• Verify that your iOS device's software is up to date.
  • Verify your Apple TV's software is up to date.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  • All AirPlay-enabled devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Some Wi-Fi network configurations offer a Guest Network. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General >Network and ensure that you're connecting to the same Wi-Fi network on your iOS device. On your iOS device, tap Setting > Wi-Fi and confirm that this matches your Apple TV.
  • Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4215

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

i bought a season pass of Homeland tv show in itunes on my iphone and it will not airplay to my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.