Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps display wrong current location when PS4 is on

I have a home automation system that uses my phone's location to identify if I am home. But the problem is when I start using my ps4 (and when it is standby). My phone thinks I am about a block away, it always returns to my actual location, but ever 10-20 minutes it jumps back to that wrong location. This issue only comes up when my PS4 is plugged in and on or in standby. This is causing the home system to think i went away for a couple of minutes, arming my home. Does anyone have any experience with better calibrating location services or making sure something is turned off/on on my iphone/ps4.

Thank you

Cameron Murdaugh

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 7:13 PM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2014 7:17 AM in response to CJM3407

Hey CJM3407,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

After reviewing your post, it sounds like your location changes only when using other products. As far as improving GPS accuracy for the iPhone, please take a look at this article.

iOS 7: Understanding Location Services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594

Improve GPS accuracy2,4

GPS accuracy varies depending on the number of visible GPS satellites. Locating all visible satellites can take several minutes, with accuracy gradually increasing over time. Use these tips to improve GPS accuracy:

• Ensure the date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
    Important: Incorrect settings on your computer can sync to your device. Verify the date, time, and time zone on any computer that syncs with your device.
  • Restart your device.
  • Verify that you have a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. This allows the Assisted GPS (A-GPS) on the device to locate visible GPS satellites faster, in addition to providing initial location information using the Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
    Note: Microcells (sometimes called Femtocells) aren't supported with Location Services.
  • Maintain a clear view of the horizon in several directions. Keep in mind that walls, vehicle roofs, tall buildings, mountains, and other obstructions can block line of sight to GPS satellites. When this occurs, your device will automatically use Wi-Fi or cellular networks to determine your position until the GPS satellites are visible again.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Maps display wrong current location when PS4 is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.