Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano wont sync now on my itunes

Ive had I tunes for some time now, and have a Nano that I previously used. I was able to sync and connect with no issue and no problems, then my brother gave me his older classic ipod(5th gen) that had his music on it, and I plugged it into my itunes, it recognized it and said I could delete allthe songs and replace with my itunes playlists that I have already which is what I did... but now when I connect my nano it says its not recognized by itunes and doesnt show as connected.

I did back up all my songs on the nano and imported the playlists into itunes so I can do a hard reset on the nano if I knew how, would that solve the problem or can you not connect more than one ipod to itunes?

thanks!

iPod nano (5th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 7:08 AM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2014 9:20 AM in response to dblcreekfarm

Hi dblcreekfarm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano isn't recognized by iTunes any longer. The article linked below provides some great suggestions that will resolve most issues which prevent iPods like yours from being recognized on PCs.

iPod not appearing in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3716

iPod nano (5th and 6th generation)

iPod nano: Error message saying that iPod 'could not be identified properly'

If the above articles do not apply to you or did not resolve your issue, choose an applicable article below that best describes your issue.

Windows

I hope this helps.

-Jason

ipod nano wont sync now on my itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.