Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos are nearly a 1,000 how can I back them up ?

Hi all, when I open iPhoto on my Mac Book Pro I can see I NOW have a 1,000 photos, as I understand it the oldest photos will NOW get deleted, so Please how can I Copy all of these 1,000 photos to either my MacBookPro or to an external drive ?.

OS X Mavericks (10.9), iPhone 5S, wife has iPad2 and my 4S

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 10:43 AM

Hi all, when I open iPhoto on my Mac Book Pro I can see I NOW have a 1,000 photos, as I understand it the oldest photos will NOW get deleted, so Please how can I Copy all of these 1,000 photos to either my MacBookPro or to an external drive ?.

Either,

• enable automatic import from My Photo Stream in the iPhoto Preferences > iCloud on your Mac,
  • or open "My Photo Stream" in the iCloud section of the source list in your iPhoto Library, select all photos, and drag it to the "Events" section in your iPhoto library. This will import all Photo Stream photos to events in your iPhoto library.User uploaded file
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2014 10:43 AM in response to timmy toad

Either,

• enable automatic import from My Photo Stream in the iPhoto Preferences > iCloud on your Mac,
  • or open "My Photo Stream" in the iCloud section of the source list in your iPhoto Library, select all photos, and drag it to the "Events" section in your iPhoto library. This will import all Photo Stream photos to events in your iPhoto library.User uploaded file

Aug 23, 2014 11:45 AM in response to léonie

Bloomin heck Leonie that is fantastic, why hadnt I found that out before, it is SO EASY when you know how !!!.

Under Preferences I found out that ALL boxes were ticked in the iCloud panel, which was confirmed because when I selected them all, to drag to Events, a vast majority were already there in Events !!!!.

PS. in fact now I have looked at EVENTS a little closer, I can NOW see that, iPhoto created an "Event" every month and copied all the photos for the month without me knowing it had happened. I hadnt realistically looked in the EVENT folder before !!!!!

Absolutely magic, thanks Leonie

iCloud photos are nearly a 1,000 how can I back them up ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.