Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac freezing after downloading Version10.7.5

Has anyone found a "fix" for the freezing that occurs since downloading version 10.7.5?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), HP Photosmart C4280

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 10:58 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2014 7:23 PM in response to ajg5

Please provide details on what is freezing?

You might want to consider running the combo updater over your install to refresh your files.

OS X Lion Update 10.7.5 (Client Combo) 1.91 GB

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1582

MORE INFO ON WHY RUNNING COMBO FIXES ISSUES

Apple updates available from the Software Update application are incremental updates. Delta updates are also incremental updates and are available from Apple Downloads (software updates are generally smaller than delta updates). The Combo updates contain all incremental updates and will update files that could have become corrupted.

Combo updaters will install on the same version as they're applying--no need to roll back or do a clean install. So if you think you've got a borked 10.7.5 install from a regular update, just run the 10.7.5 Combo Updater on that system.

"Delta" updaters can only take you from one version to the next. For example: 10.7.4 to 10.7.5 . If somehow the 10.7.5 is missing something it should have, and that something isn't changed between 10.7.4 and 10.7.5 it will still be stale after the delta update.

Aug 25, 2014 11:44 AM in response to dianeoforegon

IMac began to "hangup"/freeze, with a month or so of downloading 10.7.5. I get a spinning " beachball " if I try to open more than one file.Only movement available is the cursor,but unable to utilize. Have to pull the power cord for 20 minutes to reboot.I tried to dow mm load the update you suggested,and loaded,but unable to open it.When I tried,the computer hungup again.

Imac freezing after downloading Version10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.