Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new AirPort Express router will not stop blinking

I just bought a new AirPort Express. With the help of Time Warner, he gave me a new Modem and hooked everything together which included connecting router, modem to my husband's Windows PC. Now, the PC works great. My Apple IMac and Apple IPad work great and get the Wi-Fi very nicely. However, the AirPort Express unit continues to blink amber/orange and I don't think that is right. Should I do something or just leave it alone since everything is working great and I don't want to mess around the wires and cause things to stop working. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 7:37 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2014 2:26 PM in response to Peggy101

Hello Peggy101

Check out the article below for more information about amber blinking lights on an Airport base station. When you use Airport Utility and click on the amber light it will list out what things that need to be corrected. You may not need to correct anything and can ignore certain errors.

Wi-Fi base station: Understanding and resolving a blinking amber status light

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1589

Regards,

-Norm G.

My new AirPort Express router will not stop blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.