Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s shows up in image capture, but it won't show any pictures to import.

I recently just started having an issue trying to import photos and videos from my iPhone 5s to my 2009 macbook pro. (version 10.6.8). It will connect to my phone, but it will say there are 0 photos to import. I've check and I am updated on both, and I've followed the other steps listed at iOS: Unable to import photos to computer.

Note: I actually think this started after updating my iphone to the latest software.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 8:14 PM

2 replies

Feb 2, 2015 7:45 PM in response to izzasaures

From other post, I find this: "I figured out the fix for the Mac users having this problem. I connected my iPhone to my iMac and started iTunes. A dialogue came up in iTunes, I OK'd that and then OK'd the usual "Do you trust this Mac" that comes up on my iPhone. Suddenly Image Capture launched itself and there were all my photos, ready to be downloaded." Or you can try iPhone transfer software to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.

My iphone 5s shows up in image capture, but it won't show any pictures to import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.