Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Folders

What happens to all of the Mailbox folders and their contents when I change my ISP?

Are the email files in Mailbox folders always available to me regardless of wether I still use the original email address associated with the file or not?

I appreciate that by getting rid of an email address will result in me losing all emails associated with that address in local folders such as my inbox and trash. My real concern are the thousands of emails I have filed in Mailbox folders that I have created.

Thanks

David

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Macbook Pro iPad Apple TV iPhone

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 12:08 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2014 10:46 PM in response to dianeoforegon

I have transferred all the emails that I want to keep into iCloud mailboxes that I have created. Are the files now on my iMac or on the iCloud server?

All my addresses appear to be IMAP accounts.

I now only use my Mac email addresses to simplify everything. I no longer have a use for the original btopenworld addresses that I set up with my ISP. I do not however want to lose the original btopenworld addressed emails that I have saved to the iCloud mailboxes that I have created. Is it therefore safe to delete the addresses.

Thanks for your help.

David

Mac Mail Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.