Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

save data into usb harddisk

Hi, I am using MacBook Air with OS X 10.9.4(13E28).

I am trying to move my data from the MacBook Air to the external USB HDD connected with the AirMac TimeCapsule - 3TB, due to too little space for my Hard Disk on the MacBook Air.

First of all, I couldn't find the connected Harddisk on my MacBook Air,

Secondly, I will like to move my data from my MacBook Air to the external Hard Disk.

Finally, if possible, I would like to include the external USB HDD to be backup on the AirMac TimeCapsule - 3TB.

Could anyone help me to do above request? or if there is any document explaining about this?

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), AirMac Time Capsule - 3TB

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2014 10:36 PM

1. Use the Connect to Server command in the Finder's Go menu and provide the Time Capsule's IP address.

2. Drag it there.

3. Time Machine won't back up a drive connected to the base station's USB port. Connect it to a Mac or use another backup method.

(111458)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2014 10:36 PM in response to klsr

1. Use the Connect to Server command in the Finder's Go menu and provide the Time Capsule's IP address.

2. Drag it there.

3. Time Machine won't back up a drive connected to the base station's USB port. Connect it to a Mac or use another backup method.

(111458)

Aug 23, 2014 10:41 PM in response to klsr

Forget the Time Capsule. Connect the USB drive directly to a USB port on the computer. You can copy your files using drag and drop or a good backup utility such as Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5.6. After you copy them to the external drive you can delete them from your internal drive.

After you get your Time Capsule setup and working then you can look into connecting the USB drive to it.

BTW, there is no such animal as an AirMac Time Capsule. There's just a Time Capsule.

Setting up Time Capsule for the first time

Backing up with AirPort Time Capsule for the first time

Setup Guide for the Time Capsule

Aug 24, 2014 7:35 AM in response to klsr

Thank you all guys. ^^

I will try to find time to solve this problem in the future, and will come back to offer my feedback.

At this moment, I am downloading data from cloud to my Mac-connected HDD.

It seems will take me more than one week to do so.

Jusr try to reorganize my system, in order to have more space for my inner HDD.

Thanks, Bob. ^^ I thought I had raised a wrong animal, before your addup.

Cheers!

save data into usb harddisk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.