Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chinese malware?

User uploaded file

With a battery app I found above Chinese app to be running on my iPhone 5. No jailbreak, so should not be a hack or malware I read everywhere, but what is it if that's the case? If malware, how can I remove it?

thanks!

iPhone 5

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 4:10 AM

There is no known malware that can affect an unjailbroken iPhone. Delete the app

in question.

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 4:39 AM in response to imobl

I Have a similar thing (different name, less power consumption; another user had the identical named process running). There is no app named this. It showed up on old -now crashed- iPhone 5/16gb AFTER a iOS 9 update; I have a new (to me) fresh iOS 9 install on a replacement iPhone 5 (32gn on this one) with very few apps, all from AppStore, and also battery doctor, and this phone is not associated with old apple ID. And neither one was/is jail broken. It was not visible on the crashed phone before updating to iOS 9 (was at iOS 7 for couple years)

whatever it is is using power, according to battery doctor.

Chinese malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.