Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air 13" will not power on even though it shows it is fully charged. I tried resting the SMC and nothing happens

My MacBook air will not power on. It shows that it is fully charged. Even plugged into an outlet, nothing happens. I tried resetting the SMC and nothing! Please help

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 6:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2014 1:36 PM in response to emderden123

Hey there emderden123,

It sounds like your computer is not turning on at all even though your battery seems to be fully charged, and you have already reset the SMC. I would use these steps to help resolve the issue or determine if you may need service:

If your computer won't turn on, try each of these steps:

1. Verify you have a good connection from your Mac to the wall outlet by confirming the power cord and adapter if present are securely connected and plugged in. To check if the wall outlet is working, plug in a lamp or other electrical device.
  2. If the wall outlet is working and you continue to have no power try another power cord or adapter if available. If it works you may need a replacement cord or adapter.
    Note: See Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters for further troubleshooting with MagSafe adapters.
  3. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to the computer, such as a printer, hub, or other mobile device.
  4. If your Mac supports user-installable memory, solid state drive, or hard drive, and you recently installed any of these, make sure they are installed correctly and are compatible with your computer. If possible, reinstall the original memory or drive into the computer to find out if the behavior persists afterwards.
  5. Reset the SMC.
  6. If you are still unable to start up your computer after trying each of these steps, visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).Note: Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367?viewlocale=en_US

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

my macbook air 13" will not power on even though it shows it is fully charged. I tried resting the SMC and nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.