Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove old email addresses from autofill/autocomplete on icloud.com?

Whenever I use icloud.com for email I have a problem with autofill. For instance, whenever I try to email my wife autofill/autocomplete suggests every conceivable permutation of email addresses that have been sent to her. If I type her name, it includes every email address she has ever had PLUS every combination of her address plus other people I sent in a group email. The default email address is to her and a real estate agent from 3 years ago! Also troubling is that email addresses from an old job continue to pop up. If I'm trying to email a person named "Todd" an email it will immediately pull up "Todd" from my old company. If I'm not careful I could be sending email to the wrong people constantly.

How do you fix this specifically for icloud.com?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 9:06 AM

In Mail check the Window Menu>Previous Recipients - you may find these unwanted email addresses listed there. There is a button to remove all those you don't need (likely most of them).

3 replies

How do I remove old email addresses from autofill/autocomplete on icloud.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.