Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod sync issues, error 1437 other nonsense

Hey guys!

So I've had a iPod Classic 6thGen 160GB gathering dust for a few years now. After about 1 month of use, I went to Sync it and during the Syncing process it froze and when it finally un-froze and I ejected the iPod it showed that there was "No Music" on it when looking at the display even though I'd initially put well over 100GB of music on it. All attempts a synching again have been failures. All attempts at manually adding the music album by album have been failures as well.

It seems like any time this iPod gets around 12GB of data on it starts having problems. When I try Synching it will usuall fill up to this amount (12GB roughly) and then the Sync will encounter an error, stop and that's all it will do. When I manually add music, in the album by album manner it does the same thing. Often when I go to start the process over and Restore the iPod to it's original settings, during the restoration I will get the error message that reads:

"The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1437)"

I've tried syncing and manually managing with this iPod on 4 different PC (running XP, Vista, & Win7) as well as multiple versions of iTunes. I've even tried using 3rd party software and run in to essentially the same thing. I've tried multiple USB ports, I've even taken it to other people's home and tried syncing the their libraries and always the same result

After initially running into this problem I still had the warranty to it's also been sent off to the good people at Apple and been returned telling me they found no problem with it.

I currently run Win7 with iTunes 11.3.0.54

Please hit me up with any questions for useful info I may have left out.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 11:48 AM

Hi frick584,

If you are having issues restoring your iPod Classic, in addition to issues syncing data to it, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (apologies if you have already seen it):

iPod: Can't restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1372

Regards,

- Brenden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2014 11:48 AM in response to frick584

Hi frick584,

If you are having issues restoring your iPod Classic, in addition to issues syncing data to it, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (apologies if you have already seen it):

iPod: Can't restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1372

Regards,

- Brenden

iPod sync issues, error 1437 other nonsense

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.