Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix on Apple TV not showing search results

Hey, a few months ago the Netflix search function on my Apple TV stopped working. I do the search in the search box, but the area on the right, where the search results are supposed to show, remains black. I have restarted, signed in and out of Netflix, tried all I can think of with no results. This is only a Neflix on Apple TV issue, as all other Apple TV apps have the search function working fine.

Please help!

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 10:41 AM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2014 12:04 PM in response to yoel69

Hello yoel69

That is interesting issue. To continue your troubleshooting, try restoring your Apple TV and then set it up again. If that does not work, then look at the second article to get further assistance with Netflix.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

Contact Apple TV content providers

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4799

Regards,

-Norm G.

Oct 18, 2014 11:44 AM in response to norm123

I had this exact problem and finally thought to check online at the Apple forums here for an answer. This came up after looking at one or two other questions in the search.

I'm happy to say that the restore of the Apple TV worked. Search in NetFlix on the Apple TV now shows results.

My Apple TV is the latest generation I think, have had it for almost two years. It was already upgraded to the latest Apple TV software. I'm guessing that a bug snuck in at some point over the years and over multiple software updates.

Upon restore, I noticed a feature I didn't realize existed, which is that you can start using the Bluetooth in your iPhone or iPad to immediately help with Apple TV setup. You need Bluetooth on and to place the device near/on the Apple TV. This is a feature I know I've seen many commenters request, but apparently not realize this was possible? Or maybe this is a new feature in the latest software update?

Netflix on Apple TV not showing search results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.